Friday, July 8, 2016

Long Trail 2016 Day 1

It's been 8 years since we began our section hike of the Long Trail. Emily and I hiked the majority of it in 2008 and 2010, 2009 being the year we did our PCT thru-hike. Since then, a lot of life has happened and we finally got around to walking the last 14 miles of it :-)

Parker (daughter) and Charlotte (dog) are both 5 years old and one of them can go a lot faster and further than the other... I shall leave names out of it. So we opted to use up our 4th of July weekend to tackle it over 3 days. It was 14 miles to the MA border from Route 9 near Bennington but then another 3 miles down to the Pine Cobble trailhead near Williamstown equaling a total of 17 miles.

Pics from Day 1:

The girls are ready!

And they're off. But not me. I have a car to go drop off.

I drove to the southern trailhead, parked the car, and rode my bike the 19 miles back to the northern trailhead

And I'm off! 2.5 hours behind the ladies

Meanwhile, Parker poses for a number of pictures





I eventually caught up to them, and then a mile later we camped at Congdon Shelter. 4.3 miles for the day

Charlotte hears critters in the woods






No comments:

Post a Comment